APPLE CARPLAY ENHANCES TECHNOLOGY IN BMW VEHICLES
With a BMW, you can count on plenty of technology and connectivity onboard. That’s certainly the case with many of our new models in Beaumont, especially those with Apple CarPlay compatibility. This allows you to seamlessly integrate your smartphone to the iDrive system in your BMW, and enjoy many features just like you would on your phone. For those that don’t know, here’s how:
- To utilize Apple CarPlay on your BMW, you need to have the latest iOS version and an active data plan, as CarPlay uses the data plan of the iPhone that is connected. You cannot connect your iPhone to the vehicle’s WiFi hotspot and use CarPlay at the same time.
- Make sure you have the Apple CarPlay app on your phone, and you will be able to pair it up with the iDrive system easily.
- Once you’ve paired the device, you’ll notice that the interface and menu is similar to what you’d see on any other iOS device so it’s going to be easy for you to pick up on quickly.
- With Apple CarPlay, you’re able to access calls, texts, navigation, and compatible apps, and do so by pressing the buttons or by using Siri by pressing the voice command button on the iDrive, or on your steering wheel.
- Apple CarPlay on BMW models can also predict your travel plans and provide you with direction based on events in your phone’s calendar, contacts, and frequent destinations as well, for added convenience.
You can stop in and see us at BMW of Beaumont if you want to learn more, as our team would be happy to provide you with more details and answer any questions you might have.