Here are Ways You can Help Those Impacted by Hurricane Harvey
While it's already been a month since Hurricane Harvey, we all know that there are some people out there suffering from the devastation. Here are just a few ways to get them the help they desperately need:
- There are a number of local and national organizations that are continuing to accept donations to their disaster relief efforts. Here are just a few that we recommend contacting to learn how you can help: Save the Children, AmeriCares, Catholic Charities USA, Salvation Army, Southern Baptist Disaster Relief, United Methodist Committee on Relief and Arms of Hope.
- Gofundme has curated a list of the site's relief efforts, with fundraisers available to help cities, families and homes.
- Food banks can always use non-perishable items such as canned meats, cleaning supplies and dry goods. Contact Southeast Texas Food Bank or Feeding Texas, a network of food banks across the state, for more information.
- Donate diapers or cash to the Texas Diaper Bank, which provides emergency diaper kits to displaced families. You can also contribute underwear, bras and disposable diapers through Amazon's website.
- Teachers of Tomorrow, a Texas education organization, has begun a relief fund that will help educators rebuild their classrooms. If you'd rather, you can contribute to Communities In Schools to help schools located in the impacted areas.
- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Texas is assisting animals that have been displaced, so you can either make a financial contribution or adopt a displaced animal.
- The State of Texas Agriculture Relief (STAR) fund is accepting private donations to assist Texas farmers and ranchers as they recover from the hurricane.
- Hospitals always need blood, and the need becomes even more desperate after a natural disaster. O negative and O positive are the types that are most helpful, but all blood types are welcome to donate. You can give blood through local blood banks or the Red Cross.
At BMW of Beaumont, we consider it an honor to be a part of this fantastic community.